Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D Model with ACCELEROMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

I would love some comments about this:

3D Movement Using Accelerometer

For the 3D Model i used 3ds max
I used Python, Panda3D to make it... Any thoughts? Also any suggestions on software to create something similar? It wasnt hard but i would love to know how everyone else may accomplish the same thing with different software.

Nice work man! You are spitting out pretty sophisticated projects like a mad man. It's impressive what you and some other hobbyists are pumping out these days.

How hard is python to learn? I'm still a baby....scratch that..... ,fetus, with C, but I would like to eventually move on to other languages.

Python is easy kinda like Basic and C mixed heh... But its a whole new thing meaning you have to know whats where like the libraries/modules you can use and how to call them... There arent anything like types really.. So there is no INT, char, string... you simply use
Code:
x = 7
y = 8
z = y-x
theName = " Apples "

print y,theName,' - ',x,theName,'= ' ,z

but you have to be careful with the syntax!

a space isnt a space here heh

Like to make a loop:
Code:
y=20
x=0
while(x<y):
    x=x+1

The above will loop fine

Code:
y=20
x=0
while(x<y):
x=x+1
This one wont work

Last edited:
Hey Jason, I did something like this in 2D a while ago (i only had a 2D sensor). Now a 3D one is 20$ and I plan on expanding this project sometime soon.
**broken link removed**
I used C#

nice!! my accelerometer is only 2 axis also. I would love a 3 axis one heh...

Where did you get the C# code? I was looking everywhere for some but had to learn Python to do mines heh...

its pretty cool.. but i think loading a actual 3ds model is hard as heck... the panda 3d version i did is so easy. I changed the link in my blog so it now includes the python source and a 3d model.. so anyone who has panda3d and python installed can try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back