Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

38khz ir transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

seesoe

hello, im trying to create an ir transmitter based off a 555 timer, i have a few requirements of the circuit.

1. it must use only 1 3v coin battery
2. it must be simple and cheap as possible

here is a schematic i found as a starting point
**broken link removed**

my only issues are:
5v input, would a 555 cmos work with direct replacement?
frequency tuning, is it possible to make this without having to tune the circuit?

this is going to be in a product of mine, and i need it to be as cheap, simple, and effective as possible. long range is not an issue, the wireless gap is inside a pipe about 4 inches from where the receiver will be. all i need the circuit to do is pulse the ir diode when turned on.

if there is any other suggestions besides the 555 that would be great to know.

thanks everyone!

How about 2 coin cells? I think the Cmos 555 needs 1.5 volts and so does the IR diode. Not sure about the receiver.
Note: you need 2 555's to make the transmitter one for the 38Khz and another to turn it on and off so it doesn't think the IR signal is just from the lights.

it will be hard to use 2 cells, there isn't to much room to work with.

i think i like the idea of a pic better, possibly a pic12fxxx family pic? any suggestions?

My bad one 3 volt coin cell not 1.3 volt coin cell. The 555's would do it or even a phototransistor since it is in a tube. Tell us more about what it does.

its basically a relay selector, i have a circuit that detects infrared and every time it does it signals a CD4017 to count up thus activating corresponding relays
the tube is actually a hose with a handle, and i want one tactile switch on it, and when its pressed it will signal the receiver to change the relay.
the hose is 5/8 inside diameter, but there is a bottle neck at the connector of about 1/4 diameter. the receiver sits inside the body of a valve that the hose is connected to. so the wireless air gap is about the size of a 3"-4" long by 1/4" diameter cylinder.

As long as it's dark in the tube something this simple would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back