Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

36V to 120V DC converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samertje

Hey!

I have three large 12V batteries (7AH).
I want a portable voltage source around 100V to 120V DC, 1 or 2 Amperes max.

Links? Circuit? Parts?

I did several Google searches and find only DC-DC converters that convert voltage downwards.

Thank you
Sam

The simple way to do this would be to just go out and buy a little 300 watt inverter, even a little 300 watt UPS (Uninteruptable Power Supply) could be easily hacked. These are typically 12 VDC to 120 VAC and then place a full wave bridge rectifier on the AC output and filter as required. A simple cheap UPS can be had for less than $50 USD exceeding what you need. Place the 12 volt batteries in parallel. My thinking is it cost less to buy than build.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back