Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

360 degree camera for robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

For one of my robotics project i need to use a camera for the robot that is able to capture a full 360 degree view of the environment, and i want to see all the images taken by camera on the GUI.

Can any body tell which camera to use and how to get all the images on the GUI?

Thanks in advance,
Sandy

Use a fisheye lens and software to convert it to a 360 degree panoramic image.
**broken link removed**
I found the Spherecam images and java pages pretty interesting too.

Last edited:
Nope. Just knew about fisheye lenses. Might point you in the right direction.

Hey Poeple,

Thanks for the information.. Can u poeple guide me how to use the same in humaniod building..

Thanks
Vishnu Pryal

HI Sandeep,

May i know u are into which projects ? Since i am planning for humaniod building..So can u guide me in this area

Thanks
Vishnu

My friend is working on same project. you can use a wireless black/white camera which comes under Rs.1000. It has transmitter built in and receiver you can connect to your PC from where you want to control that camera. You can make graphical user interface in Visual Basic software. Camera can be connected over the stepper motor. The reason behind it is use can precisely control the motor with step angle. In VB give the buttons such as "left", "right" to move the stepper motor. thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back