Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

300C heating element.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

I want a heating element that is capable of being clampled to sheet aluminium for a sandwich maker and capable of heating that aluminium to 300C. I don't mind using multiple elements the surface area of the sheet aluminium is 150cm square. Thanks.

Buy a 'George Foreman' single burger griller. It's about the heater you need, about 1500 watts, but it depends on how fast you want to reach 300 deg C.

You may have to bypass or change the temp safety switch, which probably limits at about 250 deg C.

Last edited:
What sandwich needs 300c to make?

I want to make an uber sandwich maker.

Buy a 'George Foreman' single burger griller. It's about the heater you need, about 1500 watts, but it depends on how fast you want to reach 300 deg C.

You may have to bypass or change the temp safety switch, which probably limits at about 250 deg

Are you saying get a george foreman and mod it?

My wife says I cook like that. If it takes 20 minutes at 250 it should only take 10 minutes at 500.

You won't get 300'C easily on an appliance, it's a lot hotter than people realise.

Most of these devices (Foreman grill, toasted snadwich makers etc) have thermal safety fuses built in that will destruct at about 200'C and usually their heating element will struggle to reach 200'C even if you bypassed the safety as the heating element is chosen not to be too large.

Then the thermal switch that switches the sandwich maker on/off will probably be a 125'C device.

Electric frypans are designed with more power to get hotter, and usually don't have a thermal fuse. You may get one of those to 200'C but 300'C will be a real stretch, you might need to pack it in thermal insulation etc.

What on earth do you need 300'C for? :eek: Are you serious it's for toasted sandwiches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back