Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"3 Transistor" NON reflexed TRF receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcirco

Hello everyone,

Im a vacuum tube guy but I decided to design and build a transistor radio for once. I didnt want to reflex and I really didnt want a regenerative set so I went for a TRF set. I came up with a high gain RF stage using a 2N3904 and I used the classic TL431 variable shunt regulator amplifier. It can be used for any wave band from 100khz to about 50mhz just with a change of the front end. I call it the "3 transistor" radio even though it only has 2 is because the TL431 looks like a transistor in its TO92 package.

https://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx347/wcirco/wcirco-2tran-1.png

The 330pF cap is way too large, 33pF works better.

Oh and the 1K pot is a screw driver adjust type, for setting the gain of the second RF stage to keep it from squealing.

I built the radio with great success, Im listening to it as I type! I actually used a 1N270 instead of a 1N34A. Pretty much any small signal Germanium diode will work.

I just wanted to see what you guys over at the electro-tech forums thought of it.

Thanks,
Wyatt

3 transistor radio

I am very interested in building your transistor radio and would like to know the construction details of the tuning coil Gauge of wire and number of turns.

Your help would be appreciated.

Best regards michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back