Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 serial ports with only 1 pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algerian

Hello, I want to ask help
Does anybody know how to do to use 3 serial ports with only 1 pic16f877,
I want to use 1 serial port rs232 to communicat with PC and 2 others to communicat with Barometer, and Thermometer.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice you might provid.

Algerian said:
Thanks for reply, but could you give me more explication please.
I can't enter the site you gave me.

I would use software UARTS for receiving the data, and the hardware UART for sending it to the PC - both are covered in my tutorials - just checked it, the site is working fine.

The only problem with the serial routines on Nigel's page is that they can't send and receive at the same time.

In this thread I posted code that allows 8 channel RS232 to run simultaneously.

Mike.

If your PIC has an SPI peripheral you could use a pair of MAX-3100 UARTS. It is a very capable chip, with an excellent datasheet. One nice feature is that they have receive FIFOs which are 8 bytes deep so you don't have to service them each time a character comes in but can do it in bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back