Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 digit digital homemade frequency counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

k7elp60

I will sell it for $10.00 plus $5.00 shipping in the USA. I am located in Ivins UT, USA
This counter was designed and built by me about 10 years ago. It will count from 100HZ to 99.9Khz. It uses a colorburst crystal for the clock and a MM5369EST IC to divide and generate a 100Hz to the circuitry. It also has a CD4013, CD4093, MC14553 counter IC and a MC14543 desplay driver. It has a LMC555CN as a internal frequency of 7.3Khz. This frequency is shown on the front panel. It is fully operational. There are two protoboards stacked with the IC's on them. The 3 digit 7 segement display is wirewrapped and connected to the top board. The bottom board has a 16pin empty socket between the MM5369 and the CD4013 if one wants to change the sample frequency. The left RCA jack is the 7.3Khz out and the right RCA jack is the conter input. The project required a test frequency for testing purposes. The circuit draws about 50mA from a 9V battery. A schematic is available. The Cabinet measures 6 1/4" W 5" D and 3" H.
I will include a schematic and extra LED displays and parts I have to make it a 6 digit counter.
Send me a PM and I will send you imiages of the counter

Last edited:
I will sell it for $10.00 plus $5.00 shipping in the USA. I am located in Ivins UT, USA
This counter was designed and built by me about 10 years ago. It will count from 100HZ to 99.9Khz. It uses a colorburst crystal for the clock and a MM5369EST IC to divide and generate a 100Hz to the circuitry. It also has a CD4013, CD4093, MC14553 counter IC and a MC14543 desplay driver. It has a LMC555CN as a internal frequency of 7.3Khz. This frequency is shown on the front panel. It is fully operational. There are two protoboards stacked with the IC's on them. The 3 digit 7 segement display is wirewrapped and connected to the top board. The bottom board has a 16pin empty socket between the MM5369 and the CD4013 if one wants to change the sample frequency. The left RCA jack is the 7.3Khz out and the right RCA jack is the conter input. The project required a test frequency for testing purposes. The circuit draws about 50mA from a 9V battery. A schematic is available. The Cabinet measures 6 1/4" W 5" D and 3" H.
I will include a schematic and extra LED displays and parts I have to make it a 6 digit counter.
Send me a PM and I will send you imiages of the counter

Hello,
I am living in Cold Lake, AB, Canada. If you can send the counter together with other components mentioned, how much I will owe you? Before you send of course.
Thanks.

steve-y,
I didnot know that lyou posted a reply to my frequency counter ad. Are you still interested?
Please email to K7ELP@ARRL.NET
nED

Last edited:
This frequency counter has found a new home.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back