Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 channel IR remote Controller Project using 12F Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok cool. I got alot of reading to do to fully understand this. The only thing i seem to get stuck on is the software part of receiving and decoding the signal(bits).

"The start burst is always 2.4ms wide, followed by a standard space of 0.6ms."
Quoted from https://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/sirc.htm

Will the pin on the pic just be set to high or low every 0.6ms? Would that be how to determine if command/address is 1 or 0

like:

Start __1____1___0__0___1___0___0___1___0___0___0__0
|||||_||||_||||_|||_|||_||||_|||_|||_||||_|||_|||_|||_|||

I notice the way its drawn the 1 look like it last longer than the 0.
Basically how does the chip differentiate from a 0 or 1?

Am i over complicating things.

(note i have a memory issue. Maybe thats why i cant understand this i keep forgetting something maybe :D )

hey i finally got around to making a little video of IR with a Multimeter. Took a 9v supply some resister to bring it down to about 4.6v then the ir receiver i took off some part i think a xbox remote piece (i own 2 so 1 had to go towards science) lol

**broken link removed** 6.22MB AVI (XVID CODEC)

AtomSoft said:
hey i finally got around to making a little video of IR with a Multimeter. Took a 9v supply some resister to bring it down to about 4.6v then the ir receiver i took off some part i think a xbox remote piece (i own 2 so 1 had to go towards science) lol

**broken link removed** 6.22MB AVI (XVID CODEC)

Can u upload it to youtube or something

I have pic programmer. The software I used is ICprog. But I'm able to write hex file only to eeprom memory, when I'm trying to write to flash memory I get an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back