Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3.5mm headphone jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmikejt12

hellp, on a sterio 3.5mm audio jack, is the back pin the ground? (and the other 2 are left audio and right audio??)

the reason i ask is because i want to have a switch on 4 or 5 different sockets so i can turn each one on/off

i plan to do it like the ckt attached

Attachments

• Audio Ckt.JPG
    Audio Ckt.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 253
assuming the black + green go to the left channel and right channel and the yellow to the back (end of plug)

You can't just switch one wire (the ground?). You need to switch both channels on and off.
Disconnecting only the ground wire still leaves the headphones connected to both channels where they will still play a strange out-of-phase "difference" signal.
Look at the plug and jack in my sketch to see which terminal connects to what.

Attachments

• Stereo headphones plug and jack.PNG
    Stereo headphones plug and jack.PNG
    54.3 KB · Views: 387
You can't just switch one wire (the ground?). You need to switch both channels on and off.
Disconnecting only the ground wire still leaves the headphones connected to both channels where they will still play a strange out-of-phase "difference" signal.
ok thank you :)

will try that

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back