Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3.3V programming with the Junebug / Inchworm

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

I'll post more detailed instructions shortly but today I got a Junebug working with a 3.3V 24FJ16AC002
What's required is simply two 1N5817 diodes acting as clamps connected between 3.3V (anodes) and PGC, PGC (cathode)
There is a trick though, you must program the Junebugs 18F2550 EEPROM with a calibrated VDD value. I'll upload a small .hex file with this code this evening. I'm also working on a hardware mod (removing either the 1N5817 or BS250 to allow the PICkit2 software to self calibrate (jumper from VR2 @ 4.2V to act as a VDD source)
I've not tested the Inchworm yet but will later an post the results.

Here's the schematic for anyone interested. As for the self calibrate my method didn't work but the EEPROM version does.

Attachments

• Junebug24FJ.png
    Junebug24FJ.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 216
  • pk2 bill ee 417v.zip
    266 bytes · Views: 122
Also get a spare 18F2550, you can program it with the PICkit2 firmware (using the Junebug) and then put the EEPROM data on it. An Intel hex editor can change the name from "Bill" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back