Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2GET "800-900mA" FRM A 9V BATTERY.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS....

HOW CAN I GET A CURRENT SUPPLY OF 800-900mA CURRENT FROM 9V BATTERY ........

I JUS GOT 8-10mA CURRENT .......:confused::confused::confused:

No if you mean the standard small rectangular 9vdc batteries, their internal resistance would not allow that much current to flow. You would need a different kind of battery. AA batteries of the right type (6 cells in series) could supply that current level for a while.

Lefty

A 9v alkaline battery will deliver 800mA. We use them in Stun Guns and these need nearly 1A to produce the 150,000 volt spark.

A good quality brand new 9V alkaline battery can supply 800mA for a few seconds but its voltage will quickly drop as it dies.
A cheap Chinese battery that has been on a boat for a year will not.

I have extrapolated curves from Energizer's site. Here is a load of 400mA:

Attachments

• 9V alkaline, 400mA load.PNG
    9V alkaline, 400mA load.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 118
A good quality brand new 9V alkaline battery can supply 800mA for a few seconds but its voltage will quickly drop as it dies.
A cheap Chinese battery that has been on a boat for a year will not.

I have extrapolated curves from Energizer's site. Here is a load of 400mA:
https://www.panasonic.com/industrial/battery/oem/images/pdf/9V_Ind_Alka_Bat_Data_Sheet.pdf

a FRESH 9V has about a 3Ω internal impeadence. That means that the most instantanious power that you can get out of a 9V is (9V/6Ω)²×3Ω, and only for a split second.

On the other hand if you look at the actual curves, they do not even bother showing more than a 100mA load. The fact of the matter is that you can not project an order of magnitude and it does not take a constant nor high current to charge a stun gun...a taser on the other hand...

Dan

Of course you cannot get a high current from this type of battery for any more than a few seconds. But the enquiry was for 800mA from a 9v battery.
If more information was supplied, a fuller answer could be provided.

A 9v alkaline battery will deliver 800mA. We use them in Stun Guns and these need nearly 1A to produce the 150,000 volt spark.
But it isn't a continuously drawing 1A but in short bursts.

Let the original poster reply.
I am not going to run around in circles with other posters.

I doubt the OP will follow up on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back