Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24v dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakmeadows

is there any form of transfomer or anything which will give me 24v dc for my pan and tilt head for my security camera
thanks

What you need is a 24VDC power supply. Selecting the proper power supply requires that you know the following:
-- the current required by the device to be powered
-- the available supply (mains) voltage

Environmental and mounting/installation considerations are also important. You will generally find that switcher-type power supplies are less expensive than linear supplies with comparable current ratings.

Post back with your current requirements and the local supply voltage and we can steer you towards a suitable PSU.

There are few dozens of brands that make switching power suplies.
All of them have models for 24VDC (which is industrial standard and
hence very popular). Check Omron or Idec units. We use Omron S82K
series all the time. Just to name some:
S82K-01524 - 15Watt 24VDC (0.625Amp)
S82K-05024 - 50Watt 24VDC (2.1Amp max)
S82K-10024 - 100Watt 24VDC (4.1Amp)
S82K-24024 - 240Watt (10Amp)

They have newer series that are more compact (S8V...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back