Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24v Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

billa14

Hi
I live in Tasmania Australia and this my first time here so if I stuff up please tell me.

I am not electronically minded but no doubt with simple instruction should be able to learn.

What I am looking for or want to do is

I have a hydroponic system for my vegies etc and want something like a 8 or 9 station Controller to run small 24 volt 5 to 8 amp pumps instead of solenoids but at the same time start from 240volt for the main power source.

The controller would be great because I could run the pumps seperately and a number of times a day and varying running times.

Is there some way of doing it if so can you please help

Cheers

Last edited:
There are Many ways to do this, but the simplest I think is:

A very low RPM motor (or speed reduced to low) drives a set of cams that actuate microswitches. The motor and roller arm microswitches should be available from surplus.

You might want to consider a watering timer

LIkE THIS ONE.

They're made in China, so should be available just about everywhere.

Basically, it'll allow you to time/day(s) of week/duration control 4 items (pumps, relays, etc).

Available, for instance, from HERE for about $30USD.

It isn't that big a stretch to make the unit's outputs be adapted to your needs, as I understand them.

BTW, I have a similar one (Model 27757, "D" cell powered, utterly water-proof)) that I've used in my garden for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back