Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

240v relay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

767pilot

I want to do a simple test, just make sure the relay can energise
It is 240v ac coil so is it just a case of applying the live and neutral across the coil and it will energise or is there something else I need to add with it being mains voltage

thanks

If you are in the US, either live wire is 120V to neutral. To get 240V you need to use the 2 hot wires ( L1 & L2 ) like a dryer or oven.

If you are not in the US, and the normal supply is 220V~240VAC, then YES, you simply connect L and N to A1 and A2 respectively

hi pilot,

As your 'Location:' is in the UK, just use the local 240Vac mains supply.

As you dont know the 'history' of the relay, use a 3A fused plug, just in case its faulty.

EricG

You could also connect it in series with a 100W light bulb just to be on the safe side, though I personally wouldn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back