Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

240 W Forward Converter Project - LT1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnmk

Dear All,

I am working on building a 240 W Forward converter and the progress is steady but slow. I just bought a 16 pin SSOP chip from Linear and other parts including transformers and inductors . I have to get down to soldering and PCB design as some of the parts are SMDs. I need help getting cheap PCBs since its about $100 for 4 PCBs using Express PCB. any advice?

What's a Forward converter?

The opposite of a back converter and works 90 degrees to a side converter but has no relation either up or down converters. :p

You can get little adaptor PCBs to let you use the SMD chips in DIP footprint. Personally I think it is dumb to buy chips in SSOP if you don't have experience and equipment to work with them.

And for the smarties, "forward converter" is a standard term for a SMPS that has 2 or more isolated coils on the inductor, like the one in your PC PSU. It's actually the opposite of a "flyback converter".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back