Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

240 Volts 100 Hertz 29 LED lamp [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

RODALCO submitted a new article:

240 Volts 100 Hertz 29 LED lamp - This is the improved version of the LED lamp posted about 1 year ago which ran on half wave rectifi

This is the improved version of the LED lamp posted about 1 year ago which ran on half wave rectified dc directly from the 240 Volts mains.

As I test my projects thoroughly and want to ensure a good reliability of the project a long time 2000 hours duration run is done prior to posting the details on the web.
Again, I have choosen for the resistive option because it is more reliable than a capacitor voltage dropper.

Parts required:

29 x White LED's
6 x 2k2 1Watt resistors
4 x 1N4007...

Read more about this article...

Without filtering of the rectified supply this project will produce a light that flickers so badly that it wouldn't be practical to use for general purpose lighting, it would produce harmonic flicker effects with a television scan frequencies as well.

The light will flicker at 2x the line frequency (50hz x2 =100) in your case, 60hz x 2 =120 in my case. The old style Fluorescent lamp have 100/120hz flicker (pulses of light).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back