Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24 volt relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

325wc

I am needing to know what type of relay to use. I am trying to get a vacuum motor which is being used as a blow dryer working. There is 110 volts supplied to vacuum motor. I have a control switch in a wet environment that has options- soap, rinse and dryer. There are 24 volts supplied to control switch and low voltage wires running to box housing vac motor/dryer. I am thinking all I need is a relay in the box that houses vac motor/dryer that would complete the circuit and allow 110 volts to flow to vac motor/dryer when switch is turned to dryer. Should there be a fuse in this circuit?

Thanks

All you need is a relay.

Is it 24AC or 24DC? You need to make sure the relay is rated as such.

Yes, a fuse is requiresd use a slow blow because the motor draws a huge surge when it's turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back