Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24 volt motor/generator control

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpipetmike

Hello all, I'm building a hybrid scooter out of a 24 volt electric scooter. I'll be using a pic microprocessor to control the gas motor and switching from electric to gas. The electric motor controller is what I need help with as I would like the 24 volt motor to charge the batteries when driven by gas motor. The electric motor is a standard 24 volt 250 watt type that is controlled by a standard 24 volt scooter controller. This is the circuit as far as I can trace it.Similar to this **broken link removed**
Power goes from Batteries (2 12v 12AH) into controller thru Battery connection. Board converts 24volts to lesser voltage for LM 339 and throttle referance voltage. 2 MOSFETS control motor grounding low side of motor. Mosfets are triggered by two transistors (2n5551 and 2n5401) turned on by LM 339 . I want to add a LM 2991 to regulate the charge when motor is not driven thus charging batteries. I’m guessing that LM 2991 would sense when the circuit is active and shut off. Just tell me if I’m barking up the wrong tree or there is a simple way to do use the mosfets as voltage regulators. Thanks, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back