Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24 to 12 volt Dc to Dc converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

after an hour searching google for a schematic for a 12 volt to 24 volt Dc to Dc converter.

I need a schematic for a Dc to Dc converter that will turn 12 volts DC into 24 volts DC on the output, the output needs to be atleast 4amps. I will be operating a DC motor on the output.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I went though this a while back. For a beginner (like me) its complicated.

There is alot of info here: https://www.smps.us/

I had another site with a good schematic but I don't have it bookmarked here at work. I'll post it tonight if I remember.

This isn't a good application - assuming the motor takes 4A when running, it will probably take more than 40A at startup or when stalled.

But in any case, an inverter probably isn't the best solution? - changing the motor to a 12V one, or the supply to a 24V one makes more sense! - and is probably more cost efficient as well?.

As usual, give more details!.

Buying a motor of the right voltage will probably also work out cheaper than an inverter anyway.

If you're stuck with the motor you may be able to rewind the motor coil for 12 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back