Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24 seconds shot clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredavery

Hello Guys, This is my first time posting here :)

so anyone here can help me with my project?

its a 24 seconds shot clock using 7 segment..

I tried to make one but failed and the outcome is a 99 to 0 seconds.

what should I do or use in order to set the time in 24 seconds and stops at 0 second?

I need a diagram that automatically backs at 24 seconds after the time reaches 0 second or atleast a trigger that will set to 24 seconds again.

I'm Currently using this materials:

7-Segment Indicator (Dual)
74LS193 IC
SN74LS47N IC

I've just read the other post that some person recommending using CD40110 but I don't know it's pin configuration. so could anyone give me?

Hir jaredavery,

you might obtain the CD40110 the datasheet at Texas Instruments (ti.com). It uses common cathode 7-segment displays.

The datasheet also contains information about cascading the chips.

Boncuk

Last edited:
I would stay with the 74193, except I would use two of them in cascade. Also use two of the 74LS47 decoders.
You can preload the 24 in, count down and when the output goes to 00 it will reload the 24.
The CD40110 is decade counter, but as far as I could see there is no way to preset the counter to any number.

I would stay with the 74193, except I would use two of them in cascade. Also use two of the 74LS47 decoders.
You can preload the 24 in, count down and when the output goes to 00 it will reload the 24.
The CD40110 is decade counter, but as far as I could see there is no way to preset the counter to any number.

Presetting isn't necessary if you clear the counter after the count of 24 and restart it.

Just one disadvantage: I don't know of any decimal to 7-segment decoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back