Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24 hours passed, and my message is still being moderated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkBattousai

I'm a new member, yesterday I posted my first message on the forum. A message said that my message was going to be moderated before it was posted. That's quite normal that new user's messages are being moderated, I understand it without and rejection. But why does it take so long (more than 24 hours) to moderate a message?

This is a big and quite an active forum, probably there would be a lot of online moderaters all the time. Why doesn't one of them give a small effort to approve my message?

Your post probably included a web link. This is just one of many ways to keep spammers away, and the site clean. It's nothing personal, and the moderators do a great job here, just be patient, they volunteer their free time, and receive no compensation. Sometimes things come up, and not so much free time, and they do deserve a holiday occasionally.

There are NOT a lot of moderators here.

Your post probably included a web link. This is just one of many ways to keep spammers away, and the site clean. It's nothing personal, and the moderators do a great job here, just be patient, they volunteer their free time, and receive no compensation. Sometimes things come up, and not so much free time, and they do deserve a holiday occasionally.

I was just about to post a similar thread but I found this one. Mine also had links in the post to the parts I was asking about, and I own and moderate a forum myself so I guess I understand the need to be careful with links in new posts, I also require the first post to be moderated since the spambots have been out in full force lately trying to sell WOW Gold, Knock off Nikes, and wigs (yes, wigs.. LOL).

I guess I'll just try and be patient.

Look here and see who's the moderator for the section you posted in:

Then send him/her a PM. He may not realize there are moderated posts to be approved. I'm a moderator and/or admin on a couple forum sites running vBulletin and they don't pop up anything that says "you have posts to be approved", I have to check the queue manually. And some newer versions of vB will automatically flag posts for approval based on certain criteria (such as links on a new user's post) so if the forum is normally pretty open, the mods might not even realize that some posts are awaiting approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back