Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

230Vac Lamp Toggle Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaian277

I need help with my project. I can't make it work on my breadboard and my supervisor ask me to use a battery instead of power supply to test it and using a LED so if anybody here could help and suggest some things for me to start? please.....**broken link removed**

It won't test with a battery, but it would test safely with a 24 volt transformer or ac wall wart. You might need to play with C1 R1 to get the supply voltage right.

It won't test with a battery, but it would test safely with a 24 volt transformer or ac wall wart. You might need to play with C1 R1 to get the supply voltage right.

ok ill try tht out later on but how about the lamp? my supervisor said that im using a 12V LED.. is it possible?

I'd kick out C1 and D1 through D3 and use a DC power supply of 9 to 12V instead.

Also kick out the triac and use an NPN-transistor instead (e.g BC547 or BC337).

Use a base resistor of 6.8K to 10K and connect the LED via a current limiting resistor from the collector to +VDD. Connect the transistor emitter to ground.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back