Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

230v vs 115v

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkrobi

when checking a home circut what value should you get showing on a multi meter? i am getting a reading of 243 and 123 on the two circuts i am checking. i am hooking up a pool pump and the circut reads 243 so should i switch the internal switch to 230? i tried this before and the pump ran for a day the stopped and just hums. i have a new pump and want to make sure i get it right this time.

tkrobi said:
when checking a home circut what value should you get showing on a multi meter? i am getting a reading of 243 and 123 on the two circuts i am checking. i am hooking up a pool pump and the circut reads 243 so should i switch the internal switch to 230? i tried this before and the pump ran for a day the stopped and just hums. i have a new pump and want to make sure i get it right this time.

Line Voltages are Never Stable and I don't understand your comment about the two circuits.

** But if your measuring 243 Volts on the circuit that your connecting to your pump, DEFINATEY set the pump to 230 Volts.

Was the circuit wired correctly in the first place? If so, the voltage ought to be obvious (at least it would here in the US) - the use of the meter is simply a sanity check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back