Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

230V AC switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't get it to work for me.

**broken link removed**

EDIT:
You only get that dialogue box when using Firefox or Iinternet explorer, clicking on **broken link removed** in Opera just generates image tags. Pasting a file name and path on your computer into image tags doesn't work.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
hi,
My General site editor settings are:
AAesp02.gif

Last edited:
hello haxan this is me santosh gairhe...
now i'm doing final year project in electrical engineering.
I need to switch on and off loads using thyristor/Triacs so i need opto isolator moc3021 for this purpose. I hab bought moc3o21 from the market and connected the same circuit as shown in the data sheet but i faced one problem. When i switch on moc3021 with vcc 5v and Rin 330 ohm the Triac output drive becomes conducting but now even if i cut off the vcc supply the output is still conducting ( output is latched). I dont know how to switch off the output.
will u please help me with this.....
I'll be very thankful if u help me..

You can try using the configuration in the following circuit. It works fine.

**broken link removed**

Try using MOC3041 which has built-in Zero crossing detection circuitry.

hi,
My General site editor settings are:
View attachment 42331

I've just edited my post to add more information - I tried it using Firefox.

The link you've pointed me to downloads a program which I shall not run until I've scanned it.

EDIT:
I see you've now changed it to a screenshot, I'll have a look.

haxan,
Yes, that circuit should work perfectly.

Last edited:
Eric,
I've had a look in the settings and the settings are the same, except I have Enhanced Attachment Uploading on and you have it switched off but that shoudn't make any difference to the editor.

Either way, even under Firefox or IE, it's still not possible to simply type image tags and paste the path and file name into the editor, you need to properly upload the file in order to attach it to a post.

Eric,
I've had a look in the settings and the settings are the same, except I have Enhanced Attachment Uploading on and you have it switched off but that shoudn't make any difference to the editor.

Either way, even under Firefox or IE, it's still not possible to simply type image tags and paste the path and file name into the editor, you need to properly upload the file in order to attach it to a post.
hero,
I am using this IMAGE Icon, I just click it, it places IMG tags on the post and then asks me to browse my PC for the image, which I then unload.
AAesp05.gif

hero,
I am using this IMAGE Icon, I just click it, it places IMG tags on the post and then asks me to browse my PC for the image, which I then unload.
View attachment 42333

It doesn't do that for me because it isn't supported under Opera, I just get a dialogue box asking for the url of the picture, typing the a path of a file on my computer doesn't work, it only works for files on the Internet.

Attachments

• Image Icon tags.png
    Image Icon tags.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 255
It makes no difference to me whether I used the advanced or quick reply button.

I do normally use the manage attachment button. I'm just pointing out that image tags only work for file hosted on the Internet. The insert image icon does more than just insert image tags when you ask it to upload a file, it copies it to the ETO server, then inserts a link to it in your post.

I am having some problems with the switching of 220V AC bulbs. It is giving some back voltage to the controller even though i am using MOC3041 to isolate.

And finally, when i turn on and off the circuit power, the bulb blinks once or twice. Can anyone advice how i can isolate the circuit of switching completely and how to reduce the switching noises.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back