Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

230-250v Mains power supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpongo

I have a new Steam Sauna/Shower designed to operate from 230-250v house
supply and have struck problems. The finger control console will not respond inside my home!! It worked correctly in one out of six neighbouring dwellings,and tested in a car outside my Garage using a 12v car battery & 230-250 v inverter,it once again performed perfectly. This mystifies two of our
qualified electricians!! The power supply has been tested by the electrical supply company and given the all-clear. The house wiring is through a RCD protection unit and once again checks out o-k. Have tried putting through a transformer also a power filter but still of no avail,and I would appreciate some
helpful idea's on this. This unit also worked perfectly when tested in another house 3 kilometers away from my home,and have even replaced the control box and console with a new unit with exactly the same results.Ruling out R/F
interferance it still looks like a mains supply problem,but what? is the leading question?

is the unit not by acsident swiched in a pre programed operating mode??
where you don't need a controll unit for

i have some experiance in steam sauna controls
maybe a faulty conector
did you open up the machiene or not

Robert-Jan

rjvh

Robert-Jan,
Thank you for your reply!! The finger touch console is inside the unit cubicle
and the control box is fitted to the back,and both are required for operation.
I removed both to take to other dwellings for testing,but to break the seal to gain ac'cess to the control box interior would void any warrenty. However i do intend to do this has a last resort!!
Regards
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back