Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220V-50Hz to 220V-(5Hz-50Hz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvinfx

Hi

How can i design the ac motor driver (single phase ) whit 220v and 5Hz to 50Hz and 2000W power!?

I have no ideal!

Modify a UPS (I have no idea if you can drive the output transformer, most likely a ferro-resonat, with 5 Hz). Have you considered using a standard DC motor?

Modify a UPS (I have no idea if you can drive the output transformer, most likely a ferro-resonat, with 5 Hz). Have you considered using a standard DC motor?

I can`t use DC motor on 2000W power and i thing it is a powerful Audio amplifier ! 2000W!

You don't, you simply buy a ready made unit for the motor you want to drive, unless this is an educational project, in which case, as you have no idea, you start with something similar such as a modified sine wave inverter.

No this is not a audio project anyway.

Umm... the project is for education and who can modify the frequency of ac line.( Single phase)

there is no convenient way to do that... your best bet for quick and easy is to buy an AC motor VFD and use it's output.

if you insist on playing with it google magic sine waves

dan

You would need to rectify the AC and filter it with a big capacitor and then use an H bridge of adequate capacity to reconvert the line level DC back into a AC. The H bridge switching devices would be best off being driven from dedicated driver IC's so that a simpler low voltage logic system can be used to produce the variable frequency.

I have a new grid tie inverter thread in the RE section that covers the basics of higher power H bridge design and drive systems. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/grid-tie-inverter-schematic-2-0.105324/

Its not exactly what you need but it does give you a rough layout of what an H bridge and driver IC circuit looks like that can use low power logic to control it.

What about simply using a DC or universal motor?

That way you can easily use a lamp dimmer circuit to vary the speed. If it's a DC motor, you just add a rectifier, after the dimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back