Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220-48V voltage charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

podgymax

**broken link removed**

I want to make a 48V battery charger. Although I've designed the circuit, but I don't what value of component should I used. Could anyone help me? thx

Actually,I want to make a 48V intelligent charger circuit. However, I don't know how to make a switch mode battery charger. Moreover, do I need to add some ic on the circuit. Kindly anybody can help me by providing proper idea for making that circuit...

thanking you

Last edited:
Yeah, you need a current source that may need to vary over time (depending on how you want to charge it). Easiest way is to find an iC, but I don't see a way to make it vary without an MCU likean IC or charger IC.

That circuit won't work, a large current will flow through the base and zener causing both components to fail.

The simplest way to charge a lead acid is to connect it to a current limited constant voltage source.

I take it that the 48V battery is really four 12V batteries in series? It's probably easier to build a 12V charger and connect them all in parallel when you want to charge them.

Actually, I want to make a switch mode intelligent charger to give 48V DC output only. If I want that circuit become workable, how should I change the circuit/ add which IC? Kindly anybody can help me by providing proper idea for making that circuit...

You haven't even said what size the battery is.

Here's an idea for a simple constant current driver, I designed to power LEDs.

You'll need to add a comparator or something to cut it off when a certain voltage, between 56V and 60V is reached.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/led-switching-regulator.41375/
led-driver-gif.22217

For more intelligent solutions check the National, Linear and Maxim semiconductor websites.

Actually, I don't need to design the battery part in my project. I only need to design a switch-mode charger which is similar to a charger for the vehicle. I've tried my best to design the circuit; however, I don't know how to make it workable. I would appreciate if anyone could help me by providing proper idea for making that circuit...THX

**broken link removed**
I found this circuit in a book. However, if I want to follow this circuit, which PFC and PWM IC should I use? what value of the components should I use?

I would appreciate if anyone could help me by providing proper idea for making that circuit...THX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back