Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

200 V Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlloyd06

Hi my name's John. I needed some help with regards to building a power supply from a 220Vac input to produce an output of 200Vdc. If someone can share his or her idea with schematic diagram, please do contact me at my e-mail address: jlloyd06@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Without knowing how much current, regulation and ripple requirements it would be difficult to propose a design. If you have access to a reference such as the Radio Amateur's Handbook you will find sufficient information to allow you to design at least one type of supply. Actually older versions are more likely to have better info since vacuum tubes required the higher voltages though the current requirements were lower.

Good practice is to use a transformer so you can select a transformer to have a secondary voltage that is more suited to your needs.

if you use a full wave rectifier you will get sqrt(2)*AC input, which will yeild alot more than your 200vDC you are looking for. that is what i would do though.

daviddoria said:
if you use a full wave rectifier you will get sqrt(2)*AC input, which will yeild alot more than your 200vDC you are looking for. that is what i would do though.
With a capacitor input filter following the recrifier, this is true. Nowadays, we seldom use an inductor (choke) input filter. However, if you do, you will get the average of the full-wave rectified voltage instead of the peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back