Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

20-28 V DC to 300 V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more information.

What is the source of the 20 28 volts.
How much current do you need at 300 volts.

Not enough information!
Input 20-28V.
Output 300V 200mA?/ 5A?/ 200A????
Output regulated or not?
Why?

ok sorry. output 300V between 1 -5 A and output must be regulated if the output decrease down to 300 V the circuit must stop.

300V @ 1A=300watts. Input 24V @ 12.5A
300V @ 5A=1500watts. Input 24V @ 62.5A

So you need a 1500 watt supply that can work down to 300 watts and hold the 300V over that range.
I don't know your experience level. Read the data sheet attached and see if you understand what is happening in a boost power supply.

Last edited:
The step up power supply out of fairly common 1500 watt 24 volt DC to 220 - 240 volt AC inverter unit would do it just fine with a minor tweak to the 310 - 340 VDC rail voltage regulation feedback circuit to bring it down to 300 volts.

Odds are you wont build one cheaper than you will be able to buy an inverter and modify it for.

i guess will be so good with an integral circuit lt 3757, but i want 1kw as output ? i got a problem there..?

The IC can be about any "PWM" that will work in "boost" mode, and uses an external MOSFET.
The MOSFET needs to be a 100 amp part. The voltage rating depends on what type of circuit you build. (inductor or transformer)
This is not a beginner project. There are many places to go wrong. With average currents at 60A and peak currents near 70 or 80A you can't do this on a plug in bread board.
I think the transformer/inductor will have to be hand made and there aren't too many of us that do that.
This can not be built in an evening for $10.
Where are you?

understand but i just draw circuit shematic and the technician friend will assembly in the lab. can u draw that ? we have wind turbine we want to use that but we cant . and i dont understand so much to power electronics like this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back