Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 wire to 1 wire RS232 and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steve,

Just throw away the echo Rx character each time you transmit a byte. I've done this on both the PC side and on the MCU side without problem and with very little overhead. As you've noted, the echo character is only a concern when you're transmitting characters.

Mike

Mike

Mike,

I am throwing chars away currently but as there are lots of places where I send characters it's a lot of code overhead, I thought there would be a way of sorting (blocking) the RX when TX'ing using a line driver / buffer or something :)

Thanks

Last edited:
I throw away the echo Rx character in my low level driver. It takes something like three instructions (assembly). How are you doing it?

Mike

Rezer your the man :)

Absolutly fantastic this is exactly what I was looking for, single IC, small footprint and all my hassle gone, thanks again.

P.S. Mike I'm using BASCOM AVR with thier built in routines so it's not as easy for me to dump echo, but thanks for help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back