Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 way motor speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.

laki101

I have an 12v (about) 1-1,5A dc motor and i need a circuit so that I have an sliding potentiometer that when its in the middle the motor stops and when i move it in one direction the motor slowly starts to spin in one direction and then goes to full speed and when i move the potentiometer in the opposite direction the motor moves in the opposite direction as well.

Oh yes, and it would be great if it could be made so that i have an H brige on the motor so the speed control does not go directly to the motor but to 4 (2 for each direction) transistors

Is your motor able to spin in both directions? Because many DC motors can only spin in one direction.

yes motor is ok can do that just need to have a speed control on a potentiometer but to spin it in both directions

Many dc motors? Very few DC motors spin in only one direction.

Try google for more suggestions. I searched for 'bi directional motor controller' and got plenty of links.
Including this one which sells an assembled kit for 50 bucks, or a kit with all parts you assemble for 25
This one goes up to 5 amps, so you just have to be careful to give it a supply voltage that's compatible with your motor.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
laki did you not read the link I provided?
This DC motor controller kit allows controlling the speed of a DC motor in both the forward and reverse direction using pulse-width modulation (PWM). The range of DC motor control is from fully OFF to fully ON in both directions. Turning the pot in the other direction causes the DC motor to spin in the opposite direction. The center position on the pot is OFF, forcing the motor to slow and stop before changing direction. See our one direction DC Motor Controller.
Asumming the potentiometer values of the one provided with the kit and the slider you have are similar in value it should be a drop in replacement. Otherwise you'll have to use the dial pot that comes with it.

Last edited:
By all means, give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back