Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 TV problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mramos1

My son have a Toshiba TV 27" 27AF61. It loses vertical drive every couple days. Tap it on the top and it is find for a couple more days? Is anyone up on TV that would know if it is a cold joint I could solder and were to look.

Other problem, is a Magnavox 52" MDFP5220E103, audio but no video of any type.. Hoping a fuse....

Thanks.

Have you looked inside, a bad joint shouldn't be too hard to spot.

About the video, perhapps the flyback transformer has packed up, it's a fairly common fault. I don't know how you would check the output without a high voltage probe though.

mramos1 said:
My son have a Toshiba TV 27" 27AF61. It loses vertical drive every couple days. Tap it on the top and it is find for a couple more days? Is anyone up on TV that would know if it is a cold joint I could solder and were to look.

Check the joints on the frame output IC, and on the scan coil plug - those are the most common places.

Thanks Nigel.. Will do.. I hate TV and HV in there.. :)

Hero999, yea I think that is is out far as fixing. I will look inside, the 27" is my main concern as he falls asleep with it running sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back