Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 robots 1 controler

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicburger

hi im new.. im a student doin a project regarding robots.. n im really lost.. does ani1 noe if there is a system that can control 2 seperated robots wid 1 controller wirelessly.. the school isn much help.. they are as lost as i m.. does ani1 have ani ideas ? i really appreciate any suggestions.

Just like you would control two 'anythings' with one remote, you switch the remote to different modes - many VCR remotes could be switched to VCR1 or VCR2, so you could have two similar VCR's without the remotes interacting with each other.

Check my PIC IR tutorial, with particular reference to 'Device Codes'.

thx nigel.. i suggested the idea to my grp but got turned down.. said smt bout i got the wrong idea.. do u noe how to control both at the same time? simultaneous control.. is there ani sysstem dan can help me?

sicburger said:
thx nigel.. i suggested the idea to my grp but got turned down.. said smt bout i got the wrong idea.. do u noe how to control both at the same time? simultaneous control.. is there ani sysstem dan can help me?

What do you mean?, so that BOTH robots are controlled at the same time, doing identical things? - or doing different things?.

sicburger said:
same time.. movement mirror to b precise.. really appreciate ur help

Just one transmitter than, and two identical receivers, so both robots receive the same commands - assuming you want them to do the opposite?, you simply write the control software in the robots accordingly.

Writing

I just gotta say this to get this off my chest because it just eats away at me unless I do...

I can understand using shorthand and abbreviations and slang when informally chatting with MSN or something, but when you are discussing technical topics, especially on a forum where messages hang around for a long time, it can be hard enough to understand what is going on. You may have to reread the thing several times to fully understand it even when it is written correctly, and when you add in abbreviations and shorthand (some of which is neither such as using "den" for "then") it can make it nearly illegible.

Cutting out single letters out of a word to save effort is just pointless. Its just one letter and it can totally mutilate the sentence. I can let it slide for things like u(you) since its 3 letters, but for b(be)...come one put in a little effort. Same thing goes for noe(know)

...and come on....using "ani" in place of "any"...that just makes no sense in terms of correctness or efficiency. Why replace one correct letter with an incorrect one? Same issue with saying ani1 instead of any1.

And especially using "d" in place of "th" in every word like den (then), dan (than), wid (with)...that's just plain horrible. It doesnt even closely resemble the original word even when you say it out loud unless you say it like you have a speech impediment (no offense to anyone).

And, Sicburger, I dont know if you pay attention to your writing, but when you write your sentencies, you actually use the wrong words in the wrong places, even with your own writing style. I dont know if its from writing so poorly like that for so long, but one example is when you said:
"is there ani sysstem dan can help me?"
at least be correct in your own way of writing and say
"is there ani system dat can help me?"

Really, put some effort into it. its already hard enough to understand what you are trying to say...dont mix up your own words.

*sigh of relief*. Well I'm done. I just had to get that off my chest or else it would be floating in my head for about a week...it just really REALLY got to me when I tried reading the message. I still dont understand what "smt" means.

Last edited:
You can rail all you want about writing that is lazy and sloppy and incoherent. B.F. Skinner provided the solution for such situations -- negative reinforcement. You refuse their requests, and tell them why they are being refused and ignored. When people get tired of being ignored they will change, to get what they want.

my bad.. kinda got hooked into this sms lingo.. smt is juz something in short.. seriously thanx for the advice.. appreciate the help.. one more thing.. if 1 robot hits an obstacle or gets blocked, will the other continue to move?

If the sensor processing and obstacle avoidance is on-board each robot, then yes, the other will continue to move.

If you have the robots transmit information with each other, then you get to choose.

If neither robots have any sensors at all and are completely remote controlled, then if one hits something the other will continue to move.

'Sic'kening!!

Can understand, if one does not know the language beautiful. But this "intelligent" dismembering of the words is 'sic'kening!!

to have 1 telling me that my english is bad enough.. but to have another rub it in is rather rude.. it is disrespectful and annoying.. n i thought i was childish..

sicburger said:
to have 1 telling me that my english is bad enough.. but to have another rub it in is rather rude.. it is disrespectful and annoying.. n i thought i was childish..

As you don't have your location filled in we can only guess that English is your first language?, which is one reason it's important to fill it in!, but to be 'insulted' when someone based in India criticises your poor English is pretty pathetic!.

Haven't you ever heard of capital letters?, correct punctuation?, spelling?, making even a slight attempt to communicate intelligently?.

Presumably you're a kid at school?, who no doubt thinks it's 'clever' to write such rubbish, but when you leave school how are you going to get a job? - no one will employ an adult who can't even write primary school English.

how about 4? Use the language you were taught in school, not some mongrel bastardization that you use to tell UR budz wher UR drinkn Br n lkin at chikz. I didn't respond to your post for precisely that reason. Accidental typos and misspellings are one thing. Deliberate mangling to be hip is slovenly and shows no discipline. Rude or not, I don't care. I, for one, won't help people like that.

And, yes, I agree with Nigel, as an employer, I would never, ever hire some one like you. However, if I wanted my customers and partners to think we are a bunch of idiots, you'd be in.

sicburger said:

Asking questions in the manner you are doing is disrepsectful and annoying.

What you are saying in essence is that you want people to spend their time helping you. But you cant even be bothered to phrase the question in a way most people on this forum would understand at first glance.

Regarding your original question: You say the school isnt much help. Perhaps that is because they want you to engage your brain and work it out for yourself.
But I guess thats takes too long, thats why you are getting the members of this forum to do your homework for you.

2camjohn said:
Regarding your original question: You say the school isnt much help. Perhaps that is because they want you to engage your brain and work it out for yourself.
But I guess thats takes too long, thats why you are getting the members of this forum to do your homework for you.

Heh heh, reminds me when I was teaching college. My prof told me: "If you make them think they are thinking, they will love you but if you make them really think, they will hate you".

I bet the school wasn't much help because, instead of taking notes in the lectures, he was instant messaging with his "budz". Future fast-food professional, I think.

Point taken.. Shall refrain from lazy typing.. Really do appreciate all the help and advice.. The school really doesn't knoe anything about the project.. All they did was give a brief intro to it and told was due in 3 months.. We did have basic electronics lessons but nothing on robots.. This is why im wrinting into this forum asking for help and advice.. I truely apologise if it was disrepsectful and annoying as 2camjohn had stated.. If its too much of a hassel then Ill go elsewhere.. really do appreciate all the help.. :p

sicburger,

Im sure no one wants you to go elsewhere.

I am still a newbie myself and I rely heavily on the help of people on this forum when I have problems with my own projects.

What you need to do is think more about the people who will be helping you. Make it easy for them to help you.

Try to ask specific questions and give as much information as you can.

Describe the experimentation and thought processes you have gone through so far. Show us that you have put alot of thought and effort into the problem already.

Show yourself to be capable and willing to learn.

Read your post at least once before you press submit.

You show appreciation by thanking people who have helped you, thats good manners. But doing your best to use proper English also comes under common courtesy for most members of this forum.

Im a mechanical engineering student in my school.The project is about building 2 robots that synchronises in movement and can move around confined places.. So far the group has been contemplating on which type of connection we should use to control the robots.. From infrared to ultrasonic.. our lecturer todl us to look up on designs first.. On how we want the machine to look.. So far we finished doing some free hand sketches on types of wheels.. Decided on omni wheels( i still dont get the 3 wheeled robot.. how is it able to go straight?).. Im gonna put it in PROe by the end of the week.. Gonna be designing the body next.. Ive just been told by my friends that a maze will be made.. 1 robot will be on a platform on top of it while the other will be in the maze itself.. So thats it for now.. Will update as time passes by.. Got school in the morning.. Please do forgive my arrogance n ignorance from previous posts.. Nite! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back