Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 PWM Dead-Band Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyflyer54

Hi,

May I know is there anyone come across microchip PIC MCU which have 2 pwm dead band control?

Currently i'm using PIC18F4520, PICF4620, PICF4550 which all only have 1 pwm dead band control which is on Half-bridge output mode.

Please advise. Thanks.

I don't know if you're set on PICS but you may want to look into the tiny26 chips from Atmel. They have 2 high speed PWM outputs that do not overlap (Which is what I think you're looking for) They have other chip lines that have multiple PWM outputs with adjustable deadband that you may want to look into, though I can't recommend the exact parts off the top of my head. You may want to consider using a single MCU as a multi phase clock generator for slave MCUs that actually generate the PWMs. Many times using a couple of simpler chips and coordinating their clocks will give you the same results at less cost.

I don't know if you're set on PICS but you may want to look into the tiny26 chips from Atmel. They have 2 high speed PWM outputs that do not overlap (Which is what I think you're looking for) They have other chip lines that have multiple PWM outputs with adjustable deadband that you may want to look into, though I can't recommend the exact parts off the top of my head. You may want to consider using a single MCU as a multi phase clock generator for slave MCUs that actually generate the PWMs. Many times using a couple of simpler chips and coordinating their clocks will give you the same results at less cost.

Thanks Sceadwian...
I need to use microchip PIC chip as i was only provided with microchip development kit. Anyway, thanks for your recommendation.

Still, you could use a second chip as a slave to the first. I'm going to hazzard a guess they have an I2C or SPI interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back