Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 minutes count up counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
my supply is 6V sir, what do you mean for the supply of my counter? its ok to replace 0.01uF to 0.1uF?

hi besoy,
The 6V battery will be OK, dont forget to have the series diode in the battery positive lead to the counter PCB, look at my earlier posts.

The 0.1uF will be OK to use.:)

What is your location.??

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
hi besoy,
The 6V battery will be OK, dont forget to have the series diode in the battery positive lead to the counter PCB, look at my earlier posts.

The 0.1uF will be OK to use.:)

What is your location.??

ok thanks sir i used 0.1.

what do you mean with the location sir?

ahhh.. sorry sir.. i though its in the circuit.. :D

Philippines sir.

sir, i have a follow-up question, about the diagram.

in the IC's pin8 and pin16, where should i place the 0.1uF?

it should be placed in each pin? on pin8 and pin16?

Attachments

• 11..jpg
    11..jpg
    25 KB · Views: 164
sir, i have a follow-up question, about the diagram.

in the IC's pin8 and pin16, where should i place the 0.1uF?

it should be placed in each pin? on pin8 and pin16?

Hi,
No, there is only on 0.1uF on each IC.

Connect the 0.1uF's as close as reasonable to the IC's, Pin #16 is +V and pin #8 is 0V

These 0.1uF are decoupling capacitors across the +V and 0V supply lines [wires], they are to reduce electrical noise [ interference] in the circuit, that could cause the circuit to malfunction.

Do you follow OK.?

Hi,
No, there is only on 0.1uF on each IC.

Connect the 0.1uF's as close as reasonable to the IC's, Pin #16 is +V and pin #8 is 0V

These 0.1uF are decoupling capacitors across the +V and 0V supply lines [wires], they are to reduce electrical noise [ interference] in the circuit, that could cause the circuit to malfunction.

Do you follow OK.?

sir, i just wanna ask if the 7 segment LED will count until 2:05?? after the buzz stop??

or i mean it would still output or continuing output the 5 sec display until it stop?

thank you...

sir, i just wanna ask if the 7 segment LED will count until 2:05?? after the buzz stop??

or i mean it would still output or continuing output the 5 sec display until it stop?

thank you...

hi,
The counter will count to 120 seconds, then the buzzer will sound for 5 seconds and the cycle will repeat. Unless you stop it

That is 000sec to 120sec then the buzzer up to 125sec, the buzzer will stop at 125sec and the cycle repeats.

Are you now saying you want the counter to display in minutes and seconds!.?

hi,
The counter will count to 120 seconds, then the buzzer will sound for 5 seconds and the cycle will repeat. Unless you stop it

That is 000sec to 120sec then the buzzer up to 125sec, the buzzer will stop at 125sec and the cycle repeats.

Are you now saying you want the counter to display in minutes and seconds!.?

yes sir, not in seconds only but in minutes.. i'm just asking if it will display the 5sec allowance of buzzer? 0:00min to 2:00min then buzz to 2:05min then stop and counts again..? :) im almost done assembling it.. but im still lack of some resistors and capacitors. maybe, tomorrow i can try the circuit.. im just asking coz im studying the circuit for my defend.. tnx a lot sir.. god bless..:)

yes sir, not in seconds only but in minutes.. i'm just asking if it will display the 5sec allowance of buzzer? 0:00min to 2:00min then buzz to 2:05min then stop and counts again..? :) im almost done assembling it.. but im still lack of some resistors and capacitors. maybe, tomorrow i can try the circuit.. im just asking coz im studying the circuit for my defend.. tnx a lot sir.. god bless..:)

hi,
As you now want to display minutes and seconds, parts of the circuit diagram need to be redesigned.
I will post a modified circuit diagram early next week week.

EDIT:
Modified the design, the counter now counts in minutes and seconds. Click the link on this post.
The changes are mainly on the 74LS08 connections.

Check the drawing carefully, I have built the counter section, it works OK.
After 2 minutes the buzzer sounds for 5 seconds then OFF, the counter then restarts from zero for the next 2 minute count.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
hi,
As you now want to display minutes and seconds, parts of the circuit diagram need to be redesigned.
I will post a modified circuit diagram early next week week.

EDIT:
Modified the design, the counter now counts in minutes and seconds. Click the link on this post.
The changes are mainly on the 74LS08 connections.

Check the drawing carefully, I have built the counter section, it works OK.
After 2 minutes the buzzer sounds for 5 seconds then OFF, the counter then restarts from zero for the next 2 minute count.

**broken link removed**

thank you sir.. is it okay sir if i wont use the diode? And can i used one R270 ohms only for every 7segment display?
and can i direct the pin 8 in 74LS192 and 74LS247 to the Grd? and the pin16 to the 5V?

my circuit is battery drive...

Last edited:
thank you sir.. is it okay sir if i wont use the diode? And can i used one R270 ohms only for every 7segment display?
and can i direct the pin 8 in 74LS192 and 74LS247 to the Grd? and the pin16 to the 5V?

my circuit is battery drive...

hi,
is it okay sir if i wont use the diode?

As your battery supply is 6V, look at this image of the recommended supply range and tell me what you think.?
You could use just one 270R resistor but the LED would change brightness depending upon what number is being displayed.

Pin 8 is already shown as 0V or ground and pin 16 is shown as +5V.

Attachments

• ls247.gif
    ls247.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 176
hi,

As your battery supply is 6V, look at this image of the recommended supply range and tell me what you think.?
You could use just one 270R resistor but the LED would change brightness depending upon what number is being displayed.

Pin 8 is already shown as 0V or ground and pin 16 is shown as +5V.

hmm ok sir..

can i use one 270 for each 7segment display connecting only to the +5V?

hmm ok sir..

can i use one 270 for each 7segment display connecting only to the +5V?

hi,
I have answered this question already.

You could use just one 270R resistor but the LED would change brightness depending upon what number is being displayed

Connect the 270R from the common anode to the +5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back