Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 minutes count up counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

besoy

Pls help me for my project in advance logic circuit for 2 minutes count up counter using LM555 74LS192 74LS247 and (3) 7 segment display.

Last edited:
hi,
Can you get CD40110B ic's to make a up/down counter.??

hi,
Can you get CD40110B ic's to make a up/down counter.??

i don't have sir. but my teacher gave me (3) 7 segment display Anode, 74LS192, 74LS274 and LM555. this materials can make my finished, but i cant make a connection its hard for me now. if i have a circuit i can make it. Can you make me a circuit diagram for me sir?

If you look at and follow the link that was provided it is exactly what you want. Check out the final drawings in that link. It looks to be the exact same assignment you seem to have. Right down to the chips used. It doesn't get any easier rthan that.

Ron

i don't have sir. but my teacher gave me (3) 7 segment display Anode, 74LS192, 74LS274 and LM555. this materials can make my finished, but i cant make a connection its hard for me now. if i have a circuit i can make it. Can you make me a circuit diagram for me sir?

hi besoy,
If no one else posts a existing up/down circuit diagram in the next couple of days, I'll try to draw one up for you.:)

hi besoy,
If no one else posts a existing up/down circuit diagram in the next couple of days, I'll try to draw one up for you.:)

If I sign up for a class, will you do my homework too?! :)

Last edited:
hi besoy,

wow sir! its nice to hear.. my mother is worried about me for my project because im new with my subject and im not good for this. im hoping for reply sir and kindness sir gibs. thanks a lot.. i like this site.. ill check tomorrow sir. Thank you sir..

If I sign up for a class, will you do my homework too?! :)

For you mate, ALMOST anything...:rolleyes:

I guess someone must have an existing drawing of a 3 digit up/down cntr.???

If you look at and follow the link that was provided it is exactly what you want. Check out the final drawings in that link. It looks to be the exact same assignment you seem to have. Right down to the chips used. It doesn't get any easier rthan that.

Ron

thanks Ron.. ill try but i cant understand other connections. :) i try my best sir Ron to make it.. sir Gibs trying to make me a circuit diagram for my project in same materials for only simply to understand. Thank you guys... im happy to have this site.. i love it!

Just for fun, I googled "3 bit counter" The 4th result is "Image Results For...." has page after page after page of 3 bit counter drawings.

EDIT: Oops, sorry misread. You want 3 digit, not 3 bit. Duh!

Last edited:
yeah. im trying to understand sir gibs. but can you make that sir in simply or is this a simplest?

hi besoy,

Its a very poorly laid out drawing but its about a simple as one can make a 3 digit counter using those ic's.

Last edited:
hi besoy,

Its a very poorly laid out drawing but its about a simple as one can make a 3 digit counter using those ic's.

sir in the said circuit diagram, is the 7 segment display is Anode?
and
74LS247 and 74LS47D are equal?
and
can i used 3 AA battery =4.5v?
:)

Just for fun, I googled "3 bit counter" The 4th result is "Image Results For...." has page after page after page of 3 bit counter drawings.

EDIT: Oops, sorry misread. You want 3 digit, not 3 bit. Duh!

:) ok no problem sir i understand. Thank again for the effort guys!

sir in the said circuit diagram, is the 7 segment display is Anode?
and
74LS247 and 74LS47D are equal?
and
can i used 3 AA battery =4.5v?
:)

hi,
The 74LS47 and 74LS247 are the same pin out.

The LED's are Common Anode, the74LS274 outputs are open collector and they pulled low when active, so the LED cathodes are connected to these outputs via a suitable resistor.

The 74LSxxx series of ic has a specified minimum voltage of 4.75V, so the 4.5V batter may not be suitable.

Last edited:
hi besoy,

Look at my Forum Blog posts for a edited 3 Decade Up/Down counter circuit, posted today.
[Click on my name above my picture, that will link you to Blogs]

Its the simplest circuit that should suit your application.;)

Last edited:
hi besoy,

Look at my Forum Blog posts for a edited 3 Decade Up/Down counter circuit, posted today.
[Click on my name above my picture, that will link you to Blogs]

Its the simplest circuit that should suit your application.;)

sir gibs but my 7 segment display is anode what will i do. and can i use 6V for the Vcc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back