Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 issues (sorting posts and select code)

Status
Not open for further replies.

panic mode

hi everyone,

i like the site a lot but if anyone is looking for ideas to make some changes or improvement, maybe consider two things that i run into:

1. code surrounded by CODE tag displays as expected but selecting and copying larger code samples could be simpler. for example clicking into code and typing CTRL+A selects everything on a page instead of all code. is there an easy way out? perhaps textbox or a button "copy all code"?

2. when posting reply, i tend to check if original poster added more detail. due dynamics of the site where new posts are added all the time, it is easy to loose track of the thread. what i do is check "my posts". this almost does the job but it does not give me option how to sort them. it goes by latest post (which is usually fine) but i wouldn't mind more control (sort posts by time of my post, sort by number of replies etc.).

thank you

Re:code -- I put the cursor in the code box and click ctrl+A, copy. Then paste into notebook or whatever code editor you use.

John

when i do that, Ctrl+A selects not only text within code tags, but the entire page, hence copying and pasting to notepad with this method produces huge mess, too huge to clean by hand. it is easier to use mouse and select code by hand, then copy and paste. btw, i'm using Chrome, not sure if other browsers behave differently.

The click on the first character to set the cursor, then scroll to the last character, shift+click to select the whole code block, etc. I guess that is similar to what you are doing. At least it works :D

I use Chrome too.

John

Last edited:
The click on the first character to set the cursor, then scroll to the last character, shift+click to select the whole code block, etc. I guess that is similar to what you are doing. At least it works :D

I use Chrome too.

John

that IS what i do, i first click inside code, then press Ctrl+A and entire screen gets selected.
here cursor did't show up in screenshot so i doubleclicked on a word in code block (which highlighted it) and then pressed Ctrl+A:

BEFORE CTRL+A:
**broken link removed**

AFTER CTRL+A:
**broken link removed**

sorry John,

misunderstanding - i know i can do that - and i do - but... i don't quite like it :)
what i would like is - eliminate scrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back