Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 channel LM386 amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf08

i have made a mono LM386 amp that works great. I would like to combine two LM386 ic's to make a second channel so i can run two speakers with both sides of the audio. I have looked every where for circuits and tried make a whole separate amp and using the same ground with the other stereo output, it worked but was very distorted. if someone knows a way to combine 2 lm386 ic's to make a 2 channel amp that helpful.

this is the circuit i used

**broken link removed**

Did you use a power supply that can provide enough current for two amps?
Are you using a volume control at the input? Are you over-driving the amps?
Are you using the high freq. suppressor at the output? It's not on your gif.
See the data sheet for that.

Are you using the high freq. suppressor at the output?
Iit is not a "high frequency suppressor". The LM386 can easily drive 10 ohms at high frequencies without dropping its output level. The resistor in series with the capacitor shown on every schematic on the datasheet is a high frequency load that prevents the amplifier IC from oscillating at high frequencies because a speaker is inductive so is a high impedance at high frequencies.

im was using 1 9v for both amps i want to figure out how to combine both chips on one pcb so i can run two speakers (left right)

im was using 1 9v for both amps i want to figure out how to combine both chips on one pcb so i can run two speakers (left right)
The two chips share the positive 9V and ground. The speakers, amplifier inputs and amplifier outputs are completely separate.

@wolf08 Don't post multiple threads about the same exact thing.:mad:

You've started lots of threads on the same subject. LM386 is a old noisy audio power amplifier and good for nothing but audio testing experiments in labs. In modern age nobody use'em for serious applications. Also it'll drain your 9vpp3 quickly.

Yes I used the wrong word. I know the small cap on the output is to help to keep the IC from oscillating (at high freq.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back