Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.7m antenna?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i tried calculating the best antenna length suitable for a 27mhz tranmission

(speed of light / freq) / 4 = 2.7 metres!!

Is there any work around to this problem? By the way, is it alright if i use normal insulated wires for antenna?

Attachments

• hat_124.jpg
    hat_124.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 340
TheOne said:
For CB transceivers using this frequency, the length is often shortened by a method of loading at the top or bottom.

Yes, it's common - but it severely reduces the effectiveness of the aerial, and makes it far more prone to interfering with other services (as it's more effective at harmonic frequencies).

CB in the UK restricts use to such aerial though!.

It is to be expected, the loss of effectiveness, cause it is physically smaller. (Nothing is free :) )The loading only ensure that there's a impedance match with the reduced length, but with the penalty of reduced radiation

As a wise man once said "Any problem has a solution, any solution will create a new problem"

the length of a half wave dipole would be = 468/mhz. results will be in feet
for a quarter wave antena dived this in half

Don't forget about speed factor through conductors.

I forgot this factor but will look into it.

I would use standard brass telescoping nickle plated antannas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back