Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.5mm headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

raceoptics

Im building a bullet camera system that records into a small DVR unit. I'm using a bullet camera that requires a 12v source, so I wired up a 12v battery to power it. Now the connections on the camera are video RCA plug(yellow) connected to a RCA jack and power plug RCA(red) connected to RCA jack. I'm using an external microphone with a RCA plug to.

The jack on the DVR is a 4 conductor 2.5mm headphone. that puts out a 5V source to power a small button camera. I dont want this power, since im already powering the camera with my 12v source. I need to know how to connect the video RCA and audio RCA to the female headphone jack (2.5mm or 3.5mm?) I need to know if I have to use a 2.5mm to 2.5mm 4 conductor cable? I have to 2.5mm headphone plug for the DVR, but either way I need a male to male headphone. I drew up a quick sketch of it. Sorry it kind of sucks. Im new to all this stuff. If someone could tell me how to wire this up. I would appreicate it. Thanks again

Attachments

• wiring diagram.jpg
    wiring diagram.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 219
The jack sounds like the ones Yaesu uses on small radios, so they are available. If you do find a cord you don't need to connect the 5V so only a 3 wire plug/socket are required the other end. To find a plug try Yaesu vx5 vx3 clone combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back