Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1W Led lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja1

dear all

i want to light up 1W white from 230v. if anyone have simple circuit for this project please send it to me

thanks

dear all

i want to light up 1W white from 230v. if anyone have simple circuit for this project please send it to me

thanks

hi,
What is the forward voltage drop of the White 1 Watt led, also I assume thats a 230V 'ac' mains supply.?

The 1W led I have here is about 3.3 volts and 300mA or so when at full power.

It's not that easy to build a SMPS to drive a 1W led, the cost is the killer since you can get so many cheap Chinese made commercial drivers.

A 5V wall wart plus a suitable value resistor would do the job.

If you're worried about efficiency then use a switching wall wart and an open-loop switcher based around a 555 timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back