Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1Kw 12vdc to 220vac 50hz inverter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrar0

HI, all i have to make an inverter of 1000 watts from 12dc to 220 ac 50hz inverter. i have 500 watts dc to ac same spec circuit diagrame,
the thing i need is to
1)1000 watts
2)Of which specification transformar i have to replace e.g how much kg, which wire, which core, or how much turns primary and secondary, final how much amperes it will bear?

plzzzz do some help
change schematic
-------------------------------------------------
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• 500w-220v-inverter(corrected).gif
    500w-220v-inverter(corrected).gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 6,182
First, figure out where you're going to find 12V at about 120 amperes for more than a few minutes at a time.

Then get back to us.

thanks for reply.
here in my city one shop is making inverter of 1000 watts. for more than 2 hours continously. it is a good question wht source they use, they use tractor's battry which is off 102 ampers and 12 volts. when light came it started to charge by main ac supply when light off it started its work..... it is a nice source of power than off generator which uses fuel....

Your transistor will not be happy. (C10161,2N3055, 2x2N3055) You will be running 150 amps and the C-E voltage drop will be about 3 volts or 450 watts loss. The LM324 can not pull up to 12 volts. C1061 has some voltage loss. Every time you add a transistor you will loose 0.6 volts. That all adds up to 3 volts.

You need to find a different transistor circuit that has much less loss. Hint use NPN and PNP. Or use MOSFET.

That lousy old inverter was desisgned for 3rd world countries that have plenty of 2N3055 transistors but no power Mosfets.

The one in the attachment was recently modified by the moderator, MP. Its output transistors operate poorly with 10A but with a 500W load they each must conduct 25A. The resistor and capacitor values in its oscillator are very wrong. It doesn't have voltage spike protection diodes. It uses two quad opamps instead of a single dual opamp.

Those opamps are pointless anyway. A better job would be done by a pair of small PNP transistors with 150 ohm collector resistors.

This design is bad in so many ways that it's hard to count them.

There can be many reasons, hard to say without seeing the schematics. For example shoot-through current. Exceeding maximum current or voltage. Overheating (MOSFET thermal runaway) .... you can use higher current, voltage , lower Rds-on MOSFET but first you need to identify the cause of the problem.

A very simple inverter is blown up when it is turned on, when it is overloaded and when its load is disconnected as it is running. Simply make a better one.

After making about 4 better ones then your newest design might work without blowing up.

A 12V 1kW inverter needs more than 100 Amperes for power. To run for just 5 hours it needs more than 500 ampere-hours. The wire from the battery must be 7mm, and that goes for the wiring to the transistors and inside the transformer also.

It makes no sense to make a cheap inverter that needs an expensive battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back