Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1975 Dodge Royal Monaco needs a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Note that I asked EM's permission to post this.

This is one of the longest production cars built in the US, it is longer then a 1979 F150! I do not have the space to store it indoors and the sun is taking its toll.

It has about 130K on it. Was originally purchased by the mother of a co worker. He inherited the car and sold it to my wife. This car only power steering, and brakes, and AC. The transmission was rebuilt about 30K miles ago. At the same time the radiator was replaced with a new one. The front end was totally rebuilt at about 90K. The cars is rust free and as far as we know it has never been in an accident. Good glass all around but the drivers side window regulator needs work. We stopped driving it about 4 years ago. Hide away headlights work.

Motor is 400ci 2 barrel single exhaust and is tired. Oil fouls the sparkplugs. Needs paint, vinyl roof, headliner, and reupholstery of the front seat. The dash is in bad shape. Trunk lock is broken. We have the backseat in storage and it is in great condition.

I have 4 NOS cones for the wheels but not the centers that insert into them. Last I checked we had all 4 beauty rings. NOS latchs for the vent windows (wings) that have not been installed and may take some time to locate.

If you are interested contact me via PM on this site. The car is located in Boise City Oklahoma.

**broken link removed**

This car was kept around because it was great for hauling our guests up pikes peak highway when we lived in colorado. The 4 door hardtop config was the next best thing to a convertible for this type of sight seeing.

I will post more images as I run across them. I expect this will take a while and I will post here when she finds a new home.

Last edited:
I've always liked cars with head light covers. Most car restoration folks, would be interested I would think.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for cool old cars. I don't like the new ones. These are getting old enough to have style. You might be surprised if you went public.

Last edited:
As time goes on my commitment not to crush it seems to increase. The only real reason I want to part with it is that sitting outside just makes it deteriorate. But hey maybe if I still have it 10 years I will have a place to keep it so restoration will make sense. By then it will be nearly 50 years old.

Found the NOS vent/wing window closers we purchased and never installed. The wheel centers should show up too as we sort through things.

I realize that rarity and age alone does not make a car valuable.

She's got some of the best lines I've seen in awhile. You just never know, I've seen cars less appealing be restored. Different versions, Low Riders, Hot supers and such. Just to do it original also has it's own appeal.

I'm an original kind of guy. Of course I'm 57 years old, I like the old days. Sometimes you can't beat the original but, you just can't find the parts.

Found more pictures. I have also located the NOS latches for the vent windows.

SDC10736.JPG
SDC10737.JPG
SDC10738.JPG
SDC10739.JPG
SDC10741.JPG
SDC10742.JPG
SDC10743S.JPG
SDC10744S.JPG

I had the car sold. The original buyer wanted 2 weeks to pick it up and I was too foolish to ask for earnest money. Told the second guy it was sold. The first 1st guy disappeared off the radar. The 2nd now says he can only pay $450 then $500 in a second email. I did the obvious thing and posted it again but bumped the price from $750 to $1000. He He this is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back