Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1963 Popular Electronics article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemelec

Does anyone have the "Starved Circuit Oscillator" Article in this edition of PE?

I've got most of them from around 1955 to 1970, but the early 60s are not well represented. I only have January in 1963. Sorry.

I also have Many of them, but lost some years ago when I moved.

Have you checked with your local library? They should be able to get it for you, although sometimes there's a charge when it gets copied at another library and mailed.

Have you checked with your local library? They should be able to get it for you, although sometimes there's a charge when it gets copied at another library and mailed.

Unfortunately I live in a VERY SMALL TOWN, Pop 485.

A google search for "startved oscillator" and "current starved oscillator" seem to get tons of hits on these oscillators (if that is what you want).

NO, That is Different.
This is an Old Type TUBE Circuit.

Does anyone have the "Starved Circuit Oscillator" Article in this edition of PE?

Oh my, that brings back memories of when I was a little tiny electronics experimenter, in the days when I only wished that I knew what I was doing. :D I seem to remember several issues mentioning starved vaccum tube (valve)circuitry. Wasn't the plate current restricted by bias and then a huge value plate resistor used to get abnormally large voltage gain?

Are you experimenting with tubes?

I use to have a link to Popular Science, Popular Electronis, Popular Mechanics, they are all on line starting from the very first issue about 1910 until the magazine went out of business.

I use to have a lot of run reading the old articals. I don't have the link anymore. Do a Google search you can probably find it.

I think this is the link. **broken link removed**

Last edited:
That is the Link, But it doesn't show the one I want.

THANKS ANYWAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back