Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18F452 to 18F4620

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

I have code written for a 452 which I wish to migrate to the 4620. I do not use PICC18 specific tasks, always assigning regs directly. I use most of the hardware resources in one way or another.

Changed the target in project options. Found I had to make some minor changes to the fuse config bits. I found the ADC and PWM regs were a bit different so I rewrote the assigns there.

It does not work so far. Sorry to be vague but it's got a lot going on and I've always debugged through the LCD, which doesn't operate now.

Actually, the code was reworked awhile ago so that it could work under MCC18 too. The MCC18 compile didn't work either, though I believe it was flickering around in a different way than the PICC18 compile.

Any general ideas on what else needs to be changed? I didn't pick up on anything else being fundamentally different between these chips and expected it to be fairly straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back