Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18F452 ADCON problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodin

I am using PORTE.0 as an analog input. I have configured the ADCON's like this:
ADCON0 = 171
ADCON1 = 176

The A/D conversion works great, but i cant usePORTE.1 as digital input at the same time.

In ADCON1 there is impossible to configure the AD one by one. I have to set all PORTA and PORTE to analog by setting bits 3-0 to 0000.

But then PORTE.1 doesn't work as a digital input, it just reads 0.

What can i do to get the other port working as digital?

I've never used any of the 18 series PIC's, but on the 16 series there are strict limitations on the analogue inputs - these are clearly explained in the datasheet, so presumably will be so in the 18 series datasheets. I suggest you read the datasheet, which will explain how to select analogue and digital inputs and the restrictions involved,

Setting ADCON1 = 185 or 10111001b enables inputs AN0-AN5 (includes PORTE.0) as analog input but frees up PORTE.1 & PORTE.2 to be used as digital I/O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back