Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18f1320 Bare (Bill save me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much to order??

Well for starters, never order "one" of anything.

• Oops, I dropped it, and it went somewhere where I can't see/find it.
  • What do you mean I put it in backwards!
  • %n#p, Krakl$, P@P. 5v not 12v.
  • 1 resistor for 6 cents, 10 for 40 cents.
One for proto, one for real, and a couple of spares.

:D

Well the little PIC won't draw much, and if you run it slower it draws even less. You can put it to sleep while waiting for IR data and it'll run on a battery for ages.

cool but since it has a relay i decided to elimate the battery option and just use power from relay since its so little it wont effect the relay target. here are some pics (you know i love pics :D )

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Minus the USB part tho lol i just left it on board for future use. So i dont have to recreate the power supply until last minute lol

Ok new issue just tested the thing and my LEDs turn off when connected to relay. Any thoughts?you have schematics on this very page. I think the relay is taking to much of the pics power will i need 2 lm317s instead of 1 . Like 1 for pic and 1 for relay coil?

Last edited:
But its funny because it works on junebug just right

it has to do with the suplly i know because i just used the usb power and its 100 ok

Last edited:
well i think i managed to fry my 1320 or that other chip 2550

i get:
Code:
Initializing PICkit 2 version 0.0.3.12
PK2Error0009:  Write failure (GetLastError = A device attached to the system is not functioning.)
PICkit 2 Ready

OMG its back from the dead all by itself :D :D im so happy but im still going to buy a few 2550s and 1320s and have then ready in 1 of my maxim-ic case

AtomSoft said:
im am so stupid lol I BURNT the pin becuase i had the LM317 all wrong i got it to work on RA2

I find it is a good idea to build and test the power regulation section first.
The I add the processor, ICSP socket and crystal if needed. Test that to see if I can program it and make it run.
Then I add the stuff that hangs off the ports.

Last edited:
Thanks 3v0 i found that out the hard way lol but thanks god its only 1 pin i can order more 1320s NP... Here is the final with ICSP:

**broken link removed**

I'm not sure but try to move the relay to a non analog I/O pin. I can't recall if the analog pins have the clamp diodes, they probably do but I'm sleepy. Of course a cheap & cheerful 2N3904 or for the no resistor types a 2N7000 would drive any small signal relay nicely.

Lol i think this was the easy part... Since i only have the tools and knowledge for single side boards routing this is so far a BI***! lol excuse my language but i think i might do this double sided but now sure on proper steps to do a double sided. I know im supposed to Iron on 1 side then drill 2 holes for like layout lineup and iron on the other side while matching the holes already made then i have to etch both sides then put some wire to act as VIAs and then place components.

Does that about sum it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back