Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18f1320 Bare (Bill save me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Sorry about the title anyone can help lol. Just wanted to seem dramatic. :D
Ok im trying to wire my IR thing without the junebug. No need to reprogram so no ICSP. I took the assembly manual and moved parts around to what i have make but it doesnt work.

**broken link removed**

No you dont understand let me say it better....

There is no junebug involved. Howis this wired ok? What you see is whats connected. I have a 38khz IR Receiver Module in place for the one on the junebug and 5v from a USB B Jack testing with multimeter to make sure.

Yes the circuit is fine, just add a 0.1uf cap and a 10uf-220uf cap across the PICs VDD & GND pins.

PS the TSOP34838 has a built in pullup.

blueroomelectronics said:
Yes the circuit is fine, just add a 0.1uf cap and a 10uf-220uf cap across the PICs VDD & GND pins.

PS the TSOP34838 has a built in pullup.

why do i need 2? caps on same line if i can use 10uf-220uf? why the .1

Follow the instructions

Just put the .1 mf, etc. Plus tie mclr to VCC through a resistor.

Because the big ole fat 10mf can't see the little stuff where the .1 mf can.

i added it and that made sense lol :D.. I will put the resistor but i already took some pictures be aware they dont have the resistor but it will be added ok thanks

Here are some pictures.. remember i just added the resistor am going to put a 22k since its in the junebug.. i might add that whole reset circuit with the sw4, r16, r17 and d3...

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

EDIT: Power for the LED or what ever i put there will goto the bottom rails. and the top is for the PIC
Also the .1 fell off :D but its there

Last edited:
Reactions: 3v0
Some Final Pictures untill i make a PCB when i get my 18F1320's . (well need to order frmo microdirect) :D cant wait...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

you can barely see the paper in the last photo right? lol :D

I hope i didnt miss anything here is my schem for both together:
EDIT: R4 is 100 Ohms
EDIT 2: Fixed image Including C1 didnt have value (4.7uf)
EDIT 3: Forgot Diode on coil lol
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I have it multiplexed for a good reason tho .. if i dont use it like that i might forget how multiplexing works so i intend to use it as much even if same result is formed. lol Since its not doing any harm i might as well leave it also if i change it i would have to change a bunch of code that lights them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back