Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

180V ish from +- 15V (DC-DC converter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrd

I've got a project that's been in the back of my mind for while...
I have a modular rack system with positive and negative 15VDC at around 126mA.
I'd love to do something involving a tube (amplifier or something etc) for it.

So I'm trying to come up with a way powering it.

Does anyone know of any efficient DC-DC converter for my high voltage (4mA max probably)?

I've found this for the 12V **broken link removed** which could be good.

but for high voltage, I'm a bit stuck.
I've found this Nixie tubes tube DC-DC converter Power Supply but won't allow me to use full +-15V so may not be efficient enough.
I guess, I could power off the 12V converter posted above, but a lot of waste that way I guess.

Would a voltage multiplier be better?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Probably will use 12AU7 tube or similar

Use the Nixie tubes tube DC-DC converter Power Supply Just put a 6v2 1 watt zener in one line to reduce the voltage to 24v and a 100u 63v electro on the 24v side.

You need to find out if the 0v in is isolated from the 0v out.
Otherwise you will have a 15v difference amd you will have to take this into account.

Last edited:
The converter says it accepts 26V. You have 30, that is pretty close. You can get a 5 volt Zener and connect the annode to the + on the DC-DC, then connect your + to the cathode, that will drop 5 volts across it. You could also just get three plain silicon diode and put them in the line (cathode facing the + on dc-dc in this time), that will drop around 4.5V. Yet another option is to use an LM317 to drop the voltage to 26V. 30V to 26V is 87% efficient with linear regulation so don't even bother with a switch-mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back